Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Downtown Lancaster AND new friends!

These images are a bit overdue. But I'm not too far behind in editing and cataloging professional shoots. I'm only a year behind in my own personal family photos. I have a feeling that happens frequently to other photographers as well. (Please tell me I'm not alone, guys!!

I spent a fun afternoon/evening with a longtime, forever friend and fellow photog, Andrea of "Images by Andrea" in downtown Lancaster, PA early in November. We were part of a "meet up" group organized by another photog, Jillian. It was quite refreshing to meet other photographers in my general area of southeastern Pennsylvania, and also very inspiring. 




Not only did I meet other photographers, I also met this remarkable young woman, Jamie and her ever patient boyfriend, Juan. She agreed to be our model for the day. She is a natural beauty, inside and out.   








I had to step back and get some shots of our small group (the other groups had other models to shoot). The lovely lady showing Jamie how to strike a pose for this shot was a breath of fresh air. Sheila runs her own photography business, as well. She was terrific with giving thoughtful instructions on what her vision was. Thanks again, Sheila for your creative touch! 


Of course, I can not walk away from joyous laughter. I am drawn to it, and we had plenty!! 

:))







Here she is! The Tyvek girl!! ;) 
(if they don't have one already, they should call you, Jamie!)


And just look at those muscles! ;)
This was totally Jamie's call!


This was mine . . .


It was so nice to meet you, Jamie! You really are a natural in front of the camera and easily acclimate yourself with gawking women with cameras!! :) Just kidding, of course. Seriously though, it was an honor to spend time with you, photographing and getting to know you. I wish you every success in your college career and beyond. You have a wonderful, easy-going, sweetness about you ~ terrific traits to bestow. 

and thank you, Juan for being the diligent gentleman holding the flash for Sheila. You earned the award for "Best Assistant" of the day!! Thanks for adding your own vision to Jamie's shoot, too!! Many wishes of success are sent your way as well! :)

Many thanks to all who made our "meet up" a great success! Thank you for including me, Jillian in the event. I look forward to many more in the future!! 

And a great big thank you to my friend, Anj!! You are a constant source of inspiration and knowledge. Thank you for being a good listener, too. Love you, girl. :)

All the best, 
Barb

P.s. I'd be grateful if my regular readers/viewers would follow my blog posts by email. Simply fill in your email address below in the "Subscribe by Email." Feedburner will then ask you to verify your email, and "Voila!" you are all set to hear from me more often! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 3 Girls Photography Blog Archive