Friday, March 25, 2016

You are the Light


"For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. 
Walk as children of light." {Eph. 5:8}


Stopping by to wish you a joyful Good Friday, my friends and dearly beloved ones.  Today, there will be egg dyeing and decorating; children's laughter and silliness; my own laughter; egg hunting (if the weather cooperates); sheep getting sheered; new buds on trees perking and growing more fully; photo images made; Easter flower gifts chosen with care; and reminders of my many blessings, for in my walk with Christ, I know He is with me, always, and I with Him.  He has made me His child of the light.  I hope to spread that light wherever I go and on everyone around me.  

We are all called to be One with Christ, to walk with him, to share His gifts and what amazing gifts they are!  "I am the light...," Jesus said {John 8:12}, "...Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."  Oh, I do love that about our sweet Jesus Christ and his insistence to bring us into the light - where it may be a bit bright, where we expose our truths, the not-so-nice-things-we-do-to-one-another, our selfish tendencies.  I don't mind the light anymore, and actually crave it - that's what Jesus does to us, makes us crave the light (anyone else ever notice that too?).  He requires us to bare our human hearts to Him.  He himself craves that from us!  Giving us permission to do so, wanting us to do so - again and again - and repeatedly, without fail, without keeping score, He goes on loving us like nobody's business!  Now that's a love story worth telling the entire world about!!!  Man, what an absolutely phenomenal, heart-opening Gift He is to us.  
     
It's going to be a great, Good Friday! 


All content unless otherwise cited (c) My 3 Girls Photography 2010 - 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment