Saturday, March 5, 2016

small moments



It's a frosty Saturday in March, mid-morning.  The light bends, casting shadows on the countertops and the floors.  I am alone, for a brief time, to attend to household duties.  

I turn on some music to help motivate and move me along.  I hear the melodies as I begin the weekly chores.  The music fills the house.  I head to the kitchen, clean out the coffee cup and make herbal tea.  Still robed and unwashed. 

There are piles.  The ever lasting piles of papers: paperwork, drawings, news, letters, more drawings, artwork, homework...  Sorting the paper, I decide what is most important and what is not.  Then making new piles from the heaps.  The music now takes me back in time.  A familiar tune by The Beatles, soothes the senses from childhood. 



Sorting through the scattered toys.  Making new piles to return to their home bases.  Cleaning out more scraps of paper and picking up the tiny pieces of cuttings to be "filed."  Bundled arms of items, I head to the bedrooms. 

Toys, heaps of dirty laundry strewn throughout.  I begin again.  Sorting and making new piles.  Back down the stairs.  This time, I sip my tea and head down more stairs to start the wash and take up the clean.  I turn the dials and add the soap, the smell is dank, a bit musty and my bare feet are cold against the concrete.  I stuff the front loader full to the brim and press start.  

The music still streams in the background of my thoughts.  I can hear another familiar song that has a rockabilly taste and I sing along.  And I repeat my moves.  I head back up the stairs to begin the cycle ... again. 











All content unless otherwise cited (c) My 3 Girls Photography 2010 - 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment