Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Random List About Life



--~ 25 Random Things ... About Me ~--

1. I am a sentimental fool -- I love sentiment, things that touch my heart; those memories and friends/family that I treasure.

2. My husband and I celebrated (quietly) our 22 year anniversary as a couple in January, and our 19th wedding anniversary is next Tuesday.

3. I willfully, joyously love springtime - it's my favorite season of the year.  Flowers, flowers, and more flowers, how I love thee!!

4. I listen to a wide variety of music:  from bluegrass, R&B soul, rock-n-roll, the blues, to classical and jazz -- I *Big Heart* Music!

5. I support public radio stations -- by donating and listening.

6. I once met Joni Mitchell in the New Orleans airport. 

7. My birthday is the 7th of March -- I've always considered 7 to be my lucky number.

8. My husband, Kurt and I were married on the 8th of March -- I've always considered him my good luck charm. 

9. My Kurt asked me to marry him three or four (I forget now) separate times.  He was relentless, thankfully.

10. I married my first husband on the 10th of February. 

11. I escaped from my first marriage a little over a year after our 1st anniversary. 

12. My first marriage was not all in vain (however troubling it was) since we did manage to make one of the greatest kids ever in the history of humankind.  Love you, Chelsea.  You are an amazing woman. 

13. I once worked as a librarian's assistant. 

14. From a very young age, I dreamed of becoming a teacher. 

15. I have never chemically dyed my hair -- I did henna condition my hair once.

16. I was a non-traditional college student, graduating with the top of my class at the ripe, eager age of 37.  Man, I love school and would love to pursue further degrees. 

17. My most favorite recent book I read was Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.  (I consider it a companion and trusted friend - thank you, Liz.)

18. The best concert I ever attended was The Who (1989) during their 25th anniversary tour in Philadelphia just 10 rows from the stage (front and center).  It was downright magical!!  

19. My idol, my hero, my champion is my paternal grandmother, Anna Louise.  I love her with my entire being, and then some. 

20. My grandparents wanted to adopt my sister and I when we lived with them during our tender, early years.

 21. I come from a long line of artists, creative souls.

22. I have had a camera in my hand since the age of 8. (thanks, Mom)

23. I worked in the travel industry for fourteen years (first for Amtrak and then as a corporate travel agent). 

24. I have been practicing sobriety for almost 2 years - April 20 is my official anniversary.  The last drop of alcohol I had was a glass of wine that my father and uncle produced together. 

25. The little girl in the photo above is me.  This was just after my first day of kindergarten, in 1974, while living with my grands in Paoli, Pa., where my Mommom (now 93) still resides.

And one to grow on...

26. One of my many dreams is to publish a children's book.  



Okay ... now your turn!  I'd love for you to share a random list of 5 to 10 things about you.  This was soul nourishing for me - good practice for reflecting on one's own life.  :)   


Cheers and well wishes to you and yours, friends!


P.s. an addendum to note:  I am taking an online course in Brave Blogging with Andrea Scher of Superhero Life and this was the first prompt.  My friends, consider yourselves warned - there's more to come. ;) 



All content unless otherwise cited (c) My 3 Girls Photography 2010 - 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment