Monday, November 28, 2011

Derrick ~ high school senior ~

This guy is so photogenic, I tell you! He was a dream for this photographer! He made my job a complete joy! :) Thank you, Derrick, for being such a gentleman and for being crazy cooperative! For the record, you are the 2nd high school senior I have had the privilege of photographing (the 1st being my own daughter). I wish you every success in your last year of high school and as you embark on your journey towards college and the US military reserves, too. 





















This session was extra special for me. I knew Derrick's dad, Rich G. when we attended high school together (all those years ago ;) at a small rural school in Berks County, PA. When he showed up as we were wrapping up our shoot, and I got to give him a big hug, it was as if no time had passed. Isn't it funny how our high school days stay with us, maybe as a distant memory, yet such a force. Rich was always a great guy with a very warm, welcoming smile and he still has that terrific presence about him. It was an honor for me to photograph his son, and to meet his beautiful wife, Carrie. Thank you, friends! Your gracious trust is a gift to me. 


All the best to you, my friends,
always,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment