Friday, October 29, 2010

Home in the Woods

Have you ever experienced the gift of knowing a kindred spirit in your life? I certainly have been blessed with many. And this couple is on that list. When I first met this dad, we sat at a familiar table, 5 days a week, for approximately 9 months out of the year. We exchanged ideas, thoughts, paints and pencils in a high school art class. Although, just like a brother to me, he'd sometimes torture me with his antics, remarks, and occasional jests {strike occasional - it was daily!}. He had this terrific sense of humor - dry, straightforward, you know the type - sarcastic ;) But I loved him anyway, just like a good sister would. After graduation we didn't see each other for many, many moons. When we did cross paths again, luck would have it that this angel of a woman married him and they have 2 bright, beautiful children! Wow, miracles do happen :} hehe .. AND, it gets even better! I feel a kindred spirit connection with this mom too! We have had many good times and good talks whenever we get the chance in our busy lives to see one another. She's a special lady, not only to me, but to all who know her! How fortunate for me to have been given this wonderful opportunity to photograph them at their rustic home in the woods, which, by the way, was built by this dad (his talents are profuse)!



this guy wasn't too keen on having his picture taken ..
But, just look at this smile I got!
can I just say - these 2 are so photogenic, I couldn't take a bad photo
of them even if I tried ...

Such love surrounds this family ...
Thank you 'T family' for spending your precious time with me
while I gained great experience, soaked up your terrific smiles,
and shared in your family moments together.
I am grateful to you.
With great admiration and love,
Barb

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful family...... Beautiful photo's Barb, and wow... looks like you had fun too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. some people change drastically, to the point you just don't even recognize them 20 years after high shcool...but not Shane! I recognized him immediately! What a handsome family! You captured them perfectly, Barb!

    ReplyDelete