Friday, October 22, 2010

picket fences and roses

Did I ever tell you how much I am enjoying my new pursuit in photography? Oh, I did already, didn't I?! I learn something new at each session as I build my experience - after all, I am just starting out on a professional level. And there's still so much more to learn! How exciting for me! {sorry if I'm redundant...forgive me?}

I met this family, whom I will affectionately call the "H family," last Sunday afternoon. Running late and feeling a little rushed upon my arrival, the Hs warmly welcomed me and made me feel at home immediately. We ventured out into their yard for some sunshine on this warm fall day ... and this is what I found ...

loving hands a plenty...

family bonds...

giggles of pure joy...

smiles and hip hip hurrays ...


a joy surrounds this loving family ...


exclamations like - "look at my new teeth!"...

patience and care...

and fun was had by all!



We went inside for our wrap-up and a few more shots.
Mom poured a bucket full of wooden blocks on the floor.
The littlest H (age 3) began to configure words before my very eyes.
He spelled the words:
sipped.
made.
and ...



heart.

Astonishing to me.
I am continuously enthralled by this profession and how it affords me
the wondrous opportunities of meeting families like this.
Thank you, H family, for sharing your story with me;
for allowing me to capture these moments with you.
I am filled with a grateful heart. :)
peace and love be yours,
Barb

1 comment: