Wednesday, January 8, 2014

come away with me | a midweek excursion

I am still meditating on my "One Word" for 2014.  It hasn't grabbed me yet.  The word "fresh" kept popping up yesterday, and, oh, it's a wonderful feeling when it runs through my mind and repeats over and over again.  Fresh.  The frigid cold temperatures of late due to the polar vortex (eeks, that sounds terrifying!) have me thinking of warmer days gone by and "fresh" beginnings are always welcome.   Fresh - sounds so refreshing!!  Doesn't it?

I have been neglecting my blog over the past few months and really shouldn't.  Part of my goals for my photography business this year is to spend more time here.  In an effort to begin 2014, while implementing this soul-soothing exercise more often, I decided to pull out my album from Bermuda and scan a handful of lovely images to share with you.  Some family members, and family-friends (you know, the ones that we adopt into our family by choice) and I visited this gorgeous island in October of 1996.  Goodness, it's hard to believe that it's been more than 17 years!  It was a delightfully invigorating trip, with plenty of adventures, and the memories are forever etched upon me.  Scotty, beam me up!!  I'm all set to take a mini-mind vacation… Ah, the azure sea peacefully lulling, incredible rock formations, abundant natural beauty woos me into a different frame of mind.  So, let's go together!!  Let us take a little trek down memory lane. 

Come away with me… 




my firstborn, Chelsea, was 6 at the time and, well, she's always had lots of "spunk" - some might call it attitude. ;)-  Isn't she a cutie?! 
I think so!!

Thanks for taking time out of your day to view.  Hopefully these images warmed your spirit, my friends.  Stay warm everyone!  





P.s.  All film images were scanned using my HP printer.  Also, my stepdad, Papa John, is responsible for the beautiful images #4, 5, and 8.  Thanks for sharing, John & Kay!  When are we going back?!!!  Yes, please!!  Love you!    





2 comments:

  1. Loving your Blogs Barb.... Always a refreshing way of looking at life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so kindly, Momma, for your comment on my blog! I'm glad you enjoy these slices of life, thoughts and photos, too!! Love YOU darling! :) xo

    ReplyDelete