Monday, January 13, 2014

Welcoming 2014 with One Word

I've been meditating on my 2014 word, searching for the "just right" one word.  It has finally settled in my soul.  Last year my word was "simplify."  Twenty-thirteen was anything but simple for me and my family.   There were many trials, tribulations, and I found myself being tested more often than not.  It was a roller coaster ride of a year - filled with LOTS of UPs and downs.   Although, I like to focus mainly on the upside of the past year, and look at the downs with quiet care and reflection; making mental notes on how to improve in the new year.  The great news is that my business is blossoming; my girls are growing beautifully, healthfully and blossoming each in their own unique ways; my marriage is strong, loving (my guy and I celebrate 20 years together on Jan 20!); plus, I grew the. best. heirloom tomatoes ever last summer!!  Life is good.   

As for 2014.  I have begun the year much the same as I do every year.  January and February are the months that I get organized.  Instead of "spring cleaning," it's "winter cleaning!"  I go through the girls' toys, clean out the basement, clean out drawers and closets, and get my accounting files in order, too.   Basically, I get the "reorganize bug!!"  Being cooped up inside in the winter months makes me turn my thoughts to our home, our finances, our girls, our life, and I take stock.  I get a clearer picture for the year ahead - I make lists (I'm a perpetual list-maker!!) of the goals I have for myself, for my family, and for my business.  So far, 2014 is showing signs for plenty of positive growth.  I keep my hopes alive and fingers crossed that my family and I have more of a "merry-go-round" year or, I'd even settle for a ride on the "swing carousel" as opposed to the roller coaster of last year!  Oh, please.    

Which brings me to my one word choice for 2014… 


My one word for 2014 is grace.  I am relying on grace to guide me, protect me, remind me of the unseen forces at play in this world.  A word to offer me the patience and understanding that I so desire.  I have learned many things in this life and the grace that I have received so far has been a constant, humbling reminder of God's loving care and gentle nudges guiding my path.   Like a patient friend who travels ahead, time and time again, extending a hand without judgment, with kind eyes, always with me - showing me the way.  Grace.  I like this word.  And need this protective word, also.   I welcome 2014 with grace in my mind's eye; meditating on it; and continually learning from it.  Thank you "grace" for blessing me with your presence in my life.  Let's see how this year shapes up with grace in the forefront, leading my way. 


For those of you, my readers and friends, who also find it inspiring each year to choose a word to guide your new year, have you chosen yours yet?  Or, should I say, has your word chosen you yet?  Do share your thoughts in the comments sections below.  I'd love to hear from you!  : )) 


Happy 2014 to YOU!!  
Onward! 




P.s.  Please feel welcome to subscribe to my blog posts by entering your email address below in the "subscribe by email" section.  Once you do so, simply "verify" your email subscription in your email's inbox.  Then you'll be set!  I do appreciate everyone that has already subscribed.  Thank you kindly!   

2 comments:

  1. Grace truly is a beautiful word, and a beautiful thing!
    Great choice Barb! Absolutely LOVE the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very kindly, my friend. I appreciate your comment on the blog, and for your supportive friendship!! :)

    ReplyDelete