Sunday, November 11, 2012

Super Baby | Inspiration Through Art

I miss my blog.  And posting more frequently.  But, lucky for me, this fall has been beyond busy!  So, now it is time to get caught up - show off some of the beautiful people I have been surrounded by lately!  You may get inundated with posts over the next few weeks - fair warning! ;) 

I absolutely, thoroughly love my job.  And I love meeting families like the one you are about to meet.  They have a unique story.  A very special one.  They have been blessed with a "special needs" baby (if we must put a label on her).  I do believe she's going to break out of any and all labels ever placed on her, though.  


I was contacted by baby "M"'s mama.  She found my information through the charitable organization that I am proudly a member of, Inspiration Through Art.  This organization is a liaison, working partnership connecting professional photographers with families living with & loving special needs babies & children; or any family with children that are somehow effected by medical issues, needs, trauma, or otherwise.  How fortunate for me that after contacting 3 photographers, I was the one she chose!  I am honored and forever strengthened by working with families like this one via Inspiration Through Art.  If you are a photographer reading this, I would highly recommend that you apply for ITA membership.  You won't regret it.  


Please meet this littlest hero (as ITA lovingly refers to her) baby "M" and her gorgeous sister, too. 



Here she is with both her big sister and her big brother.  
They share an amazing bond, these three.  


And the whole family, too. … 


From the original email I received from this brave one's mama: 

[My daughter], "M" is currently 7 months old and is on a feeding machine 24 hours a day. "M" was diagnosed with DiGeorge Syndrome. She is missing a chromosome. She was in the hospital for a month after her diagnosis and had a G-tube placed. "M" has a cleft palate and a VSD. She might have other issues but we won't know until she gets older. I pray that "M" is a lucky one and hopefully won't have too much to deal with. Due to our financial situation we haven't been able to do a lot with [her]. I would love to have pictures to show her when she's older of how strong and beautiful she is right now. I see other families go out with their children without a care in the world. I always end up feeling sad that "M" is always stuck at home. … Thank you for taking the time to read this and bless you for the time you give to all these super babies.


Caring for "M" requires extra special attention.  This is a regular occurrence, a way of life now for this family.    
I cannot say it better than her loving mommy does:

"I love the one picture where I am venting M's G-tube. It shows my new normal and my new life, which I can't say is too bad. I am thankful for my 3 children and anything that comes with them."  

That's the heart of bravery and fierce love.  Of strength and courage.  A wonderfully dedicated mother.


M's siblings had time to play a little hide and chase around the large trees.  Children being children, releasing their joy in playful games.  :) 




M adores her brother and sister… enough to taste!  So sweet and such a natural reaction for a baby.  


 She's saying, "Just look at those cheeks on that sweet face!!"  *Pinch* 
She has a good grip! ;) 



Baby M, your light shines on everyone that comes close to you.  I am forever changed by meeting you and your incredibly devoted family.  It's moments and times like these that make us all appreciate the beauty of life, the hardships we endure, the terrific joys and laughter, the struggles, the wins and losses.  The fact that life may not be perfect, but we make the best of what we have and by doing so, make it perfect for us.  I cannot thank you enough for gracing me with your amazing, strong, beautiful spirit and for the chance to meet an angel.  You are super, baby! 

God bless you, your family and the physicians and health professionals that take tender care of you, too. 


With deep appreciation,

Barb  

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! How great you are to be a part of something so special! Best of luck to them all. I know that they have the love to take them anywhere! Wonderful as always, Barb <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching, Barb. It's wonderful that you are willing to give families an opportunity to have memories to cherish forever of their lovely children. I can see that you gain almost as much as they do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete