Monday, February 20, 2012

Focus on Local goes Yokel!

Hear ye! Hear ye! Get your local news from the Tri County Record!  


Turn to page 17 - a special Agri-Business Issue published this week. There you will find my 1st Focus on Local project spotlighting B & H Organic Produce (Hartz Natural Food Store)!! 


I learned some great facts while reading the special section.

Did you know that Pennsylvania's number one industry is agriculture with $5.9 billion in sales?!  I was pretty amazed by the statistics in print.  I did not know that farming contributes an estimated $3.25 billion to our local economy (farm sales, employment, taxes, service industries). Staggering numbers to think about. . .


I'm doing a happy dance! 


The Tri County used 2 of my photos and just about my entire write up!  You can imagine how humbled, shocked, excited, nervous, and completely thrilled I am to be published in my local newspaper ~ more reasons to celebrate local economies!! 

Be sure to pick up your copy of this week's Tri County Record!
If you happened to miss the blog post - please click on this link:  http://focusonlocal.blogspot.com/2012/02/let-projects-begin.html

Now, my friends, I'm off to the frame shop! ;)

All the best, 
Barb

3 comments:

  1. WOW Sweetheart...... Please SEND me a copy........... Wow... So proud....... I'm not surprised, just very pleased..... You deserve to be published... You have EARNED it......... Wow...... That's my girl.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got choked up while reading this blog, because I'm so proud of you!! You rock!! :)

    ReplyDelete