Saturday, March 3, 2012

spring cleaning


I spent today getting reacquainted with my garden.  I'm still a bit bewildered that this is the beginning of March and bulbs are bursting forth, buds on the trees are beginning to swell, and the earth is coming to life.  The high temperature today was in the low 50s!!  What?!!  This is very unusual for us folks living in the northeast.  I must say that I am grateful for the energy savings that we have enjoyed this winter, but … this just feels strange to me.  


I dusted off my gloves, did some stretching, and then got busy with the cleanup: raking, sweeping, pulling, cutting, pruning, making mental notes of the relocating to be done in the weeks ahead (so many baby butterfly bushes and heavenly bamboo shoots!!) . . . This is work I love! 



Not everyone was as busy as I was today.  Some actually lounged in the sun after stealing my energy snack! 

Sure. Help yourself. 



Never a dull moment, I tell you.

How was your day?  Have you begun your spring cleaning, or rather winter cleaning also? 

Happy gardening, friends!
Barb

P.s. I have another Focus on Local project slated for this week.  Have you been following my adventures?  Fun!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment