Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Good Omen

The first time I ever saw a Luna Moth was in my own yard. I didn't even know what it was at first! But I knew it was something very special, and very beautiful. At the time, my husband and I were drawing up plans, talking to contractors, making hefty decisions about our home life. We had a small baby, and a teenager to consider. Our home was much too small to accommodate our growing family's needs. It was time to either put an addition on or move. Life's grueling decisions...

We had been sitting and chatting about our plans in our comfy tree swing that our strong Hickory houses for us, and as we began to head back towards the house, I spotted her.   


With plenty of "oooo's" and "ahhhh's" and wondering out loud "Is it a Luna Moth?!" I told my husband to stay there and keep an eye on her as I ran into the house to grab my camera! I didn't want to miss this photo op!! I remember I kept saying over and over with great enthusiasm, "It's a sign!" "It's a sign!" My husband just laughs at me and takes delight in my entertaining ways. ;) 

He took a couple shots of me posing with my 1st Luna Moth. It's beauty was remarkable to me; the intricate designs and colors, it's feathery tail wings... Needless to say, we added onto our home that year (2006). This week is the anniversary of that project in its beginning stages.   



Sometimes we need a little reason, or gentle omen telling us that it's okay to go forth ~ put your dreams into action ~ everything is going to work out ~ it's a good time to make the leap, so go for it! This little one was part of my path, and helped to give me the gentle nudge that I needed at the time. This lovely creature will always remind me of the guiding forces at work in our world.
How grateful I am.

Barb

p.s. these film images (kodak 400) were scanned and edited on Photoshop Elements 8

No comments:

Post a Comment