Friday, June 3, 2011

celebration of love

I was contacted by a friend a while back wondering if I would do a photo shoot with her niece and nephew. It was meant to be a surprise gift for her brother and sis-in-law's 20th wedding anniversary! I am so thankful she got the wheels turning and this came to fruition ~ {Thank you, Gina :}! Because ... not only did I have the privelege of photographing these two terrific kids ... 






... I had the lovely honor of photographing the whole family!


After 20 years of marriage these two are still so in love with one another. They are the kind of couple that can communicate without using words ~ they just know. :)


Jen is a cancer survivor. She and her hubby, Bruce, have my utmost respect. Together, they broke through all barriers the "C" word put in their way! With determination, strength of character, and most of all, love, they stood their ground and put up the good fight. Today they stand stronger than ever in healthy resilience, filled with hope for the future and in each other.      
  






Thank you again, my dear friends, for putting your trust in me and for the refreshing morning we spent together. It was a joy!
Here's to 20 more loving years (and then some)!!
Happiest Anniversary ever!!!

With love and admiration,
always,
Barb

5 comments:

  1. Barb, these are beautiful. If I didn't already know how wonderful this family is, I think your pictures would tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE these... perhaps because I'm biased and love the family :P I cannot believe how big M has gotten since I last saw him... you captured his big brotherness perfectly. Jen looks so happy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria williamsJune 3, 2011 at 9:40 PM

    Great pictures, Barb!! Great gift idea, Gina! And Jen, you and Bruce look great & happy...and the kids are absolutely adorable & look so sweet together! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous images Barb. And you know, I knew whose kids they were before I even scrolled down! Such a resemblance! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful family! Jen, You look wonderful....life goes on and you have marched right with all the joys that it has brought.

    ReplyDelete