Saturday, January 5, 2013

Questions & Answers

(1)  What can I expect during a family photo shoot?  How about other types of shoots?
You can expect a whole lot of fun, smiles and spontaneity.  There's no stress or pressure to perform or model or whatever during any of my shoots.  I like to observe, keeping an eye on the interactions between you and your family members, where the interest leads us and then I use my camera, my life experiences, my intuition, to naturally capture you and your family enjoying one another, all the while having a fun time together.  It's pretty simple and amazing at the same time.  Every shoot I do turns out differently and I eagerly keep my heart open to your family's needs.  This fact is regardless of the type of shoot I am doing.  I do offer guidance and naturally pose you for some of the photos, but the candid moments are my favorite!  

(2)  How long after our photo shoot together can I expect to view my images? 
Usually, I have your edited photos ready to be viewed, or proofed, within 2 weeks time.  Although, I strive to have them ready for you sooner if possible.  Wedding photography takes a bit longer due to the extent of the images to cull and edit.  For weddings, I usually have the images ready to view within 5 to 6 weeks time.  But again, I will do my best to get them to you as soon as I can because I know how much everyone is eagerly awaiting them!!

(3) What organizations / affiliations are you associated with?
I am a proud member of the Tiny Sparrow Foundation, which is a charitable organization that offers professional photography services to families with children that are struggling, effected by life-threatening illnesses.  I'm also a member of Professional Photographers of America. I have done fundraisers for: UNICEF, The American Red Cross, Opportunity House of Reading, Mary's Shelter, No Kid Hungry, Greater Berks Food Bank, Food Democracy Now!, Tiny Sparrow Foundation, Malala Fund and my daughters' school.  For the past two Decembers (2013 and 2014) I led a team of volunteers (including other photographers, hair & make-up stylists, and willing helpers) to participate in Help-Portrait, a worldwide movement creating professional portraits in the spirit of giving back during the holiday season to less fortunate individuals within our community. It is an amazing experience!  I look forward to this year's Help-Portrait happening everywhere on December 5! 

(4)  How long have you been in business as a professional photographer?  And why did you choose photography? 
I started My 3 Girls Photography in January 2010.  Each year has offered me many (many!) learning experiences, but more importantly photography has opened up my world to new people, new experiences and I've made some terrific friends along the way, plus I've reconnected with past ones, too.  It truly is about the relationships I form - without making  a personal connection, I cannot do my job to the best of my abilities.  And, there's just something so wondrous about clicking the shutter and holding time still for a fraction of a second.  I am making memories that will last a lifetime, and who wouldn't be happy about doing that?!  I am always inspired to go to work.  It's a way for me to create art, meet new friends, expand my knowledge and life experiences while also making a living for myself and my family.    

(5)  Why should I hire a professional photographer to take photos for me, and more importantly, why should I hire you, Barb? 
I offer you professional grade, quality photos that will last for years to come, an heirloom. I pay attention to the little details and individually edit each photo that I offer you. I have the know-how and the skills to flexibly transition and operate my camera in most any situation in order to maximize each moment captured. I use state-of-the-art gear, editing software, take continuing education classes and attend seminars and industry trade shows in order to stay up-to-date and fresh within the photography industry. I make our time together fun and light as we get to know each other. I have always had an eye for art and dabble in painting, watercolors, and drawing, which has served me well in my photography career.  Also, having a background in teaching early childhood and being a mom for more than 24 years offers me valuable insight into the world of children. I treat you with the utmost respect, offering you my undivided attention. I am happiest when my client-friends are happy and satisfied. If you place value on quality work, low pressure, enjoy having fun and want an artistic approach to your memories through photography, than you and I will get along beautifully. 

(6)  What is "Custom Photography"?
Custom photography refers to a photographer that pays particular attention to detail.  Having an eye for art also requires an eye for detail.  The details are being worked from the very moment we begin communicating with one another, during our session time, and well afterwards.  As a custom photographer I go over each image with a "fine-tooth comb" removing blemishes, brightening smiles and eyes, making sure that you receive the finest quality image possible.  After all, the details are important and I take pride in my work.  I give my client-friends custom, individualized attention.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  

(7)  Why are you an "on-location" photographer and do you have a studio set up? 
Being an "on-location" photographer offers me greater flexibility.  I prefer natural, available light and being able to shoot outdoors is optimum for this style of photography.  I don't have a studio set up, although the thought has crossed my mind.  It may be a reality in my future, but, for now, I prefer to be on-location for my photo shoots. Plus, I love to travel around and explore new places.  

(8)  Are you willing to travel to have a photo shoot or shoot a wedding?  If so, how far do you travel?     
Hey, didn't I just say that I love to travel? ;) ha! The answer, of course, is YES!  I am willing to travel to your home, office, or location of choice (i.e. park, gardens, natural preserve).  It depends on the type of shoot I am doing as to how far I am willing to travel.  If it is a wedding, I will travel anywhere!  Take me to the islands with you - I'm all yours! However, for family, newborns, children, high school seniors, I will travel up to an hour from my home in southeastern Pennsylvania.  

(9)  Speaking of weddings; how many do you typically shoot in a year?
I do not have a typical amount of weddings per year to shoot, but I do have a rule of thumb to only offer up to 10 per year.  This way I can offer my couples that hire me my full attention and don't get overwhelmed with too many projects or too much on my "plate."  It's important to me to make a couples wedding day their most special, most wonderful, most memorable day ever.  It is their one and only wedding day, after all, and such an occasion should be documented with care, precision and unwavering attention.  Plus, I'm a romantic at heart and love to witness couples fully in love.  It's the best!!     


~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

To read what some of Barbara's client-friends have said about working with her and the results of that work, 
please click on this link:  >Kind Words : Testimonials<

No comments:

Post a Comment