Sunday, June 3, 2012

Luck be a Lady .. and a Gentleman

I don't know about you, but have you ever noticed that there are certain people in your life, that possibly you don't keep in constant contact with or even lose contact with altogether, but the moment you are reunited it's as though no time has passed.  This seems to happen to me quite a lot.  It really is a comfort to know that I have some of the greatest friends.  It catches me off guard sometimes, but it's always refreshing, such a terrific feeling!  The lovely lady I am about to show off to you is one such friend of mine; she's very dear to me.  We've known each other for many, many years.  We've cried on each other's shoulders, hugged in both joy and sorrow, danced in celebration, laughed until our sides hurt and tears sprang to our eyes, talked and talked, and how could I ever forget that Grateful Dead concert in DC we survived together.    

I was contacted by my friend, 'K' about wedding photos, as she and her long time beau make plans to be wed soon.  Of course, I was overcome, thrilled, and tremendously honored to be their chosen photographer!!  Yay, me! :)  Can not wait for the big day!!  It's going to be incredibly joyful, a wonderful celebration of love.  I just know I'll be blubbering behind my lens!! ;) 

After 11 years, these two love birds are ready to make that sacred promise to one another and I couldn't be happier for them.  I had the opportunity to do an engagement session with the happy couple, and it was a most memorable afternoon together.  'K' and 'T' welcomed me to their new home, which is perfectly suited for them - it's a horse farm!!  Ever since I have known 'K' she has always been an animal "magnet."  Animals respond to her unlike anybody I know.  They have that special sense about people - they know 'K' has a heart of gold and naturally trust her instantly and in turn she takes exceptional care of them.  On their beautiful farm they have roosters (hens didn't survive the local fox), at least 3 cats, 3 jack russell terriers, a pony, and 2 horses (did I miss anybody, K?). 
   


While we were walking about the grounds - (I got the full tour, lucky me) - we visited the barn.  'T' pointed out the very spot where he surprised his beautiful bride-to-be with his one-kneed marriage proposal complete with sparkling diamond ring.  Well, what would you have done?!!  Of course, we had to reenact the scene for photos!! :)  I just love 'T's face here - so filled with love and happiness. 




I must tell you about this next photo… While I was talking to my friends and shooting off a few rounds of pixels, I immediately noticed the unrest of 'K's gorgeous chestnut horse as he began pacing along the fence line.  He was very curious!! Or, he was feeling protective about her being so far from him - either way, it was adorable how he wouldn't take his eyes off of her! 



My friends, I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to photograph you as an engaged couple!  It was a most enjoyable afternoon in your presence, getting the tour of your lovely home and farm, and snapping your photo together.  I hope you know how honored I am by your trust, your friendship and your love.  It's apparent that your hearts are meant to be united.  Keep collecting those lucky clover leaves, because in my mind, that signifies you are on course, headed in the direction of fulfilling your dreams - together. 
  
Congratulations and Best Wishes to you! 

With love, hugs and friendship, 
always,
Barb

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Barb! You can really see how much they care about each other!! And AWESOME location!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwee, such a sweet story. You captured it all very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, thanks Barb :)) I got teary eyed while reading your well written story...you're awesome at what you do!
    and yes I DOOO remember, well parts of, the Dead Show :)

    ReplyDelete