Sunday, January 8, 2012

go to the woods

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree;


A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;


A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;



 A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;


Upon whose bosom snow has lain ~~
Who intimately lives with rain.


Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.





"Trees" by Joyce Kilmer


Feed your soul, go to the woods. :)

Happy hiking,
Barb

P.s. "With the right pair of hiking boots, anything is possible." ~ me ~ 

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I love the photos and the poem too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the tree tops against the sky, after "only God can make a tree". How can I order a large copy of that one? I want to frame it and hang it in my living room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Photography, Love the PS too/
    "With the right pair of hiking boots, anything is possible." ~ me ~

    ReplyDelete