Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Focus on Local | Berks County PA Photographer

I've been contemplating for a while now on how to give something back to my community. If you know me, than you know I'm usually a little cheerleader in support of local economies. I get frustrated with myself because so many times I want to reach out and purchase something from my neighbors, my local small businesses, and reinvest in whatever way I am capable. But, … there's that "but" that I wish I didn't have to use at all, but … finances being what they are, well, I'm not always able to meet my lofty goals. I realize how important goals are though. Let's just put it this way, I feel sorry for my husband because he has to live with me and all my visions of grandeur. ;) (poor guy). 

I believe I found a very interesting photography project for myself, and any other photographer that needs a little inspiration as well. Okay, so here's my intention. As my way of giving myself some creative stimulation as well as highlighting local *mom & pop* businesses, I plan to visit, observe, and photograph local establishments. After my visit, I will eagerly upload my work and publish a handful of photos along with a few highlights, offerings, and a general idea regarding my experience (with permission, of course!). 

After my browsing fun at the Mill Property in Morgantown, PA this past Sunday, an establishment that I was once affiliated with, I began to think that this could be a great project for myself and it might prove worthy to local businesses. I'm going to give it a go, at least. I don't have anything to lose, only to gain in perspective, creative energy and the possibility of reinvigorating my neighbors' and friends' businesses. 

I am really looking forward to Focus on Local projects. 
Won't you join me? I'd love to follow your reflections and artwork, as well.




Of course, I will continue to pursue other areas of photography, namely children & families, as well. I am looking forward to seeing your shining faces, too!! :) 

Your comments are always appreciated. I'd love to hear your reactions regarding Focus on Local from y'all!

If you have a local business in mind, and live in the Berks County area, please pass your suggestion onto me! Thanks kindly, friends.  

Here's to new endeavors! Happy projecting. 
and thank you for stopping by :)

Best wishes,
Barb

2 comments: