Saturday, December 4, 2010

Nighttime at the Pagoda ...

From atop the city of Reading (pronounced as Redding), I positioned my camera, on tripod, to capture some images last night. One of my dearest, and best friends from my teen years accompanied me too. We both shivered in the frigid December air to get some cool night shots of this fixed symbol of peace...



All is calm from this vantage point ...


A few quick facts about the Japanese Pagoda construction:
The square shape symbolizes the earth. The center column is considered the "axle of the world" and the spire on top of the structure represents Buddha as master of the universe. Each level represents one of the five elements: wind, water, earth, fire and sky.









If you ever get the chance to visit Pennsylvania, be sure to make
Reading's Pagoda one of your stops on your journey.
Thanks for a fun evening, Anj! It's always a pleasure to see you.
And thanks for all the great photog tips!!! :)
I appreciate your friendship!
Peace and love,
always,
Barb

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous. love them all, especially the first two. great memories too. so glad you guys did this!

    ReplyDelete