Sunday, February 9, 2014

Elizabeth and Matt's Wedding Day Celebration | Eicher Arts Center

It was an unseasonably hot and humid day in early October when Elizabeth and Matt pledged their love for one another in the presence of their dearest, closest family and friends.   Many of whom had traveled great distances to be a witness and to celebrate their union.  The air was charged with romance, adventure and terrific laughter and love.  All the planning, the preparations, the arrangements finally coming together for this one, very much anticipated day of celebration.  And, oh, what a celebration it was!!  I have been a witness at many weddings throughout my life and have photographed many as well, but there are certain couples that will forever be etched upon my heart.  Elizabeth and Matt are one such couple.  Their love shone so brightly this day, I was in love with their love.  The look in Matt's eyes when he watched his bride approach;  the way they flirted with one another at the altar, eyes darting and then entranced with each other;  the love, the laughter, the joy.  My romantic heart fills with hope and excitement for them and I watch eagerly as they embrace life and each other.  I couldn't be happier for these two.  They are the kind of couple who take charge of their own happiness, and go after life's fullest potential with all their might and soul.  They hold reverently their heritage, their family, and remain constant to the values of hard work, dedication, and continuously seek out what is in the best interest of the greater good.  They are an amazing newly wed couple, full of life and potential.  I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their trust; to be their wedding photographer was a great honor and so. so. SO. MUCH. FUN!!  Seriously, I had a constant smile on my face the entire day and we just had the best time creating these images together.   

Here begins the story of their wedding day.  Yet, somehow, I do believe Matt and Elizabeth have been written in the stars for one another for all of eternity.  Their hearts were destined for this day and for one another.  This is the day they were joined in holy matrimony and the day we celebrated heartily together.      





Congratulations and Best Wishes to the happy couple!!!  I raise my glass to you and wish you God's blessings - always!   Cheers to you, my friends!  May your life together be full - in every possible way!  Much love to you both! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Giving credit where credit is certainly due: 

My assistant and 2nd shooter, and good friend, Bobby Palko of Palko Photography holds high esteem with me.  Thank you, Bobby for your excellent eye, sharp skills and friendship. You did a wonderful job for me and for Elizabeth and Matt!! 


Pre-Ceremony Preparations:  Bride and her girls - Historic Smithton Inn, Ephrata PA  
                                                Groom and the guys - Matt's parents' home, Ephrata, PA
Wedding Ceremony and Reception:  Historic Eicher Arts Center, Ephrata PA                                                              
Formal Bridal Party Photos:  Ephrata Cloister, Ephrata PA
Caterer (dinner and cake):   Rettew's Catering, Manheim PA
The bride's gown:  an heirloom from Elizabeth's paternal great-grandma from the early 1920s
The girls' dresses:  David's Bridal
The guys' suits:  Men's Wearhouse


No comments:

Post a Comment