Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Family's Sofa Session

Sometimes it's important for the photographer to turn the lens on herself.  We have so many (so many!!) photos of our girls, the gardens, and even our beloved dog, Bear.  Yet, there are few actual photos of me with my family.  This should remedy our photo wall and albums for a little while.  I'm already picking out Holiday greeting cards from the photos posted here. Oh, and a nice big print, too!  I just wish we had Chelsea here with us for this shoot, then our family photo would be complete.  But, she's working hard on her education and reaching for her career goals at Mansfield University, so, we'll give her a pass - this time.  (Miss you, Chels! So proud of you!!). 

If, by chance, you haven't seen my most recent Focus on Local article featuring Glass Upholstery and our extraordinarily beautiful, newly reupholstered sofa, you can click > here < to be taken directly to the story.  It's a decent one that you won't want to miss!  ;) 

So, I had this thought.  Hmm, what if we take the "new" sofa out to a field to use for our photo shoot and then possibly offer mini-sessions for client-friends doing the same type of thing.  I've seen other photographers take vintage furniture outdoors for their client shoots, and I just adore them.  But, I'm not sure how likely this will be - since this piece of furniture is quite heavy.  I really don't know how I feel about doing this type of shoot again with this gorgeous sofa.  You tell me!  Let me know what you think in the comments section below.  Yay or nay?  If I have enough interest I just may talk my guy into lugging the sofa outdoors once again, or twice.  :) 

Getting warmed up here.  I began by taking some shots of Kurt with the girls at first - checking the light and the set up.  After that, I set up the camera on the tripod and used the 10 second timer shutter release so that I could literally run and jump in the shot!!  Whew!  It was a bit of a workout, but fun!! 





Thanks for viewing, my friends!  This was a memorable photo shoot for me, and made even more spectacular by incorporating my great aunt Helen's ornate, antique sofa which I have lovingly inherited.  Life is good.  

Love and light be yours,
Barb    

4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Barb, so relaxed and you can sense the fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great memories that will last generations and more to come..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all....Do it again @ Thanksgiving to capture Chels xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete