Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hey, Hey, Chelsea, It's Your Day …

Have I got something for you today!  Can you guess whose birthday it is?  The birthday girl has overcome much and she has much to be proud of.  Life has some of the best lessons for us - doesn't it?!  And, don't I know it.  I hope you will enjoy my little walk down memory lane.  I am the mom after all.  I am entitled to a little bragging rights.  ;) Without further ramblings from yours truly, please enjoy, my friends. 



you knew I was going to throw in the naked baby pictures that I love so much… couldn't resist, sorry.











This is an especially happy birthday.  We received wonderful news of Chelsea's acceptance into Mansfield University of Pennsylvania, and couldn't be happier for her.  She has been at this crossroads for a little longer than 7 months.  Her future was uncertain.  She needed to test herself.  To find her "legs."  She found them.  I am just so happy, relieved, proud, relieved, - Oh, I said 'relieved' twice.  :)  


Chelsea, my heart is happy.  As your mom, I have the honor and privilege of watching you grow into not only a wonderful human being, but a beautiful young woman.  I hope you know how proud of you I am. It's not always so easy to walk in another's shoes.  And I have a difficult time - sometimes - of letting you "go."  I can be a "tad" bit controlling.  I think at times it's my way of making sure you hear me.  I know you will do great things.  You already have.  Always know how much your mom loves you.  I am always in your corner, cheering you on, baby!!!  I got your back.  We all make mistakes, and we will fall again and again, but it's not the meek of heart to get back up, dust yourself off, stand up straight, and grow even taller, stronger, wiser.  Chelsea, you shine, my love.  



Happy Birthday to you, Chelsea!! 

Love you, 
always & forever,
mom 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Happy Birthday, Chelsea!

    Jen Lamanteer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chelsea!! You deserve the best one yet! I am so very proud to be apart of your life as your God Mother and as a trusting friend. All our love and prayers, May you days be filled with more joy and love most of all. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox Love Aunt Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the Birthday girl.... your Mom has really captured your essence .... Have a wonderful Birthday .... I wish I could be there to give you a big ((((( Hug))))) .... card coming "snail-mail" I love you so very much..... All my Love, Gramma Firefly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this collection of photos is so precious!! Happy Birthday Chelsea! You done good momma!! :)

    ReplyDelete