Friday, February 5, 2010

favorite mug


My favorite mug. My favorite coffee with a dash of cinnamon. A quiet morning moment to myself before the day begins. These are things in my day that I cherish and look forward to. Before the breakfast frenzy, stoking and replenishing of the woodstove, dressing, brushing, combing, tying shoelaces, and finally dashing out the door to drop Alanna at preschool or gymnastics. Before my mother-in-love calls with the latest happenings or to tell me about a recipe (which she is famous for!). Before the daily responsibilities of laundry, dishes, sweeping, budgeting, phone calls… the list goes on. My morning coffee is a treasured ritual of warmth and comfort. I take a moment to sip the warm liquid as my eyes take focus of my world; preparing to take it all on. Oh, how I love this brief moment in my day. Do I dare have 2 cups?!! Good day all!

1 comment:

  1. Great photo Barb!! The day doesn't begin before I've had my coffee, I know the feeling, lol. btw, "mother-in-love", I love that!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete