Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Family Swing

The warmer temps have my family and I outdoors more often than not.  And that's a glorious thing for us in the northeast as we shake off the winter blahs and appreciate the natural springtime beauty we are surrounded by!  The bees are buzzing us and the blooms are bursting forth!!  The grass hasn't yet been mowed - my husband waits as loooong as he possibly can before beginning this chore.  I think I convinced him this evening that it is indeed time.  **heavy sighs**  And I look around and see all the weeding/mulching that I need to do and then, more **heavy sighs** follow.  But these are happy chores, truly.  We love our little plot of heavenly earth.  And our girls do too.  

Tonight, after dinner, we took our desserts out to what we lovingly refer to as the "Family Swing."  This was a first this spring.  Of course, I had to bring my handy, dandy sidekick along to capture the momentous occasion!  We watch the sunset from this vantage point and chat about our day and pick up sticks or find curious things about in the yard.  But, mostly, we play charades!  We relish this time together and all the fun we have.  There's plenty of full-belly laughter involved, especially when we play-act one another!  The girls truly let us know what they think of us during these stress-relieving, hilarious shenanigans!!  We love our family swing time together.    

















I hope you had a special, love-filled, belly-laughs, beautiful spring evening as well, my friends.  :) 


All content unless otherwise cited (c) My 3 Girls Photography 2010 - 2016

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post! I love the images and can can smell sprung in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear the laughter and feel the cool warmth of your spring blog. Thank you for sharing your family time.

    Love and miss y'all,

    Aunt Shelly

    ReplyDelete