Friday, March 20, 2015

you are my sunshine...


Happy Spring!  

This was the scene as I trekked to the girls' school earlier this afternoon to pick them up for an early dismissal.  And the snow hasn't stopped yet.  I'm hopeful it will melt quickly with the warmer temps this weekend, truly hopeful.  

This scene matches my mood today.  No sun shining on me right now, and my heart hurts with a heaviness I cannot seem to lift.  I know brighter days are coming and with them, a brighter, lighter me.  But right now, I just want to climb back into my warm, cozy bed and sleep until the spring actually decides to arrive.  Ever have one of these days?

I hear there's some amazing things happening in our solar system this weekend.  Not only the vernal equinox set for tonight at 6:45pm, but a solar eclipse and an exploding star!  Have you ever sat back in awe, thinking about the fact that we are hurling through space and time?  This thought instantly puts things in perspective for me.  Just incredible.   I hope the clouds clear and we get to see some of the sky - and soon!  

I'll keep springtime thoughts on my mind and soon the sun will shine again, and my heart will mend, just as it has done countless times.   


Happy Weekend, my friends!
Here's a sunny song to cheer us up!!  Keep looking up. :) 




2 comments:

  1. Love you sweet friend! If I can help lift the heaviness, let me know! Praying for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Denean. You're so thoughtful and I appreciate your love immensely. <3 love you back.

      Delete