Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of First Grade

First grade!  How did this happen so soon?!  Too soon, for me.  My sweet, very artsy/craftsy, singing/dancing, silly, fun, adorable Alanna began a big adventure today with plenty of firsts to experience.  Of course, you knew I was going to take as many photos as possible - I see you shaking your head "yes!" ;)   

We managed well this morning, and I was able to hold back my tears until the bus pulled away.  I surprised even myself.  Although, Emmy wasn't quite able to hold back her tears and pleas of "don't go, Alanna." :( She is missing her big sister, very much.  Emmy will begin preschool in a couple of weeks - so that should help ... some.

I can't help but reflect on my Alanna's school days as I look through these photos and think to myself, "My, how big (tall!) she is getting and growing more beautiful all the time." *Sigh* 

Here's wishing all the kids, teachers, administrators, bus drivers, childcare givers, and parents a wonderfully invigorating school year filled with many safe, fun learning adventures!!  All the best to you… And, hugs, too! :) 



Don't eat the apple, Alanna!!  That's for your teacher!! 
She asked for "pig tails" in her hair today.
On the bus in the front seat and away she goes … (is it 4:15pm yet?!!) *sniff, sniff* 


5 comments:

  1. Alanna seems quite excited!!! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sweet fun photos!! I'm crying right along with you friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious moments!;-) Love their closeness!! Aunt Shelly xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm crying too :(. She will be home soon, Mama!
    Jen L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't get over how much Emmy looks like Chelsea in some photos. Alanna is lucky not to have to wear a uniform, like all of the school kids down here do. love her pink dress and pig tails! i surprised myself too, not crying until the last moment, after dropping off Kai for his first day of high school last week.

    ReplyDelete