Friday, September 23, 2011

Ringler Wedding

I was asked by a fellow 2009 Soar! Sister applicant, Jane Ammon, to be her 2nd shooter at a rather large, rather intensely fun wedding to be celebrated Labor Day weekend. To say that I was thrilled to have this wonderful opportunity is an understatement. And, especially in retrospect of the day itself. If I had only known the little surprises that awaited me, I wouldn't have been so calm about this very special occasion! ;) 


Jane asked me to photograph the guys before the wedding was set to begin, while she captured the ladies. To be honest, I had forgotten how big the wedding party was going to be, and felt a bit overwhelmed when I arrived, met the groom and then the rest of the guys, too. But they were in such a happy, festive mood, and were more than willing to be photographed for Cory & Kristin's special day that I couldn't help but have fun too!! Many thank yous go out to the groom, son of the groom, father of the groom, best man, and groomsmen for making my job so entertaining! :)









During the ceremony, this young man captivated me as this young family became "official." As a symbolic gesture of family love and unity, the bride, groom and groom's son each contributed a separate layer of colored sand to a specially engraved vase. This was unique to me, and added a very touching moment for everyone witnessing their ceremony. . .


After the ceremony Jane and I had the privilege and honor of photographing the bride and groom, plus the rather large wedding party! And, Wow! What a wedding it was!!!


here's one of the happy couple . . .


A few of the groomsmen . . . 


Here was one of life's little surprises ~ made just for me! Imagine, if you will:  I'm in my element ~ happily shooting away; capturing as many treasured moments as I am humanly capable of, and then . . . 3 of my most favorite college professors come walking towards me!! I could not believe my eyes! I haven't seen them in years, and "voila!" They pop back into my life again ~ so unexpected, yet so welcomed! I couldn't have been happier to see these 3 shining, exceptional souls. They each have a very distinct place in my heart. I even quoted a lesson on my blog from this beautiful lady seated in the middle. Do you remember the one about the big "T" and the little "t" for tension that I told you about? Well, here is that famous lady! :) { to view the blog post I mentioned, click here: New, Happy Year }



And just to prove to me how small the world really is, I had yet another surprise!!! Are you believing this? I was stumped! ... I kept eying this very pretty lady as I went around to the guest tables taking photos, and thinking to myself, "I know that face!" But I couldn't place her. I finally mustered up my courage and went over to her table and said, "You look so familiar to me!" And, with a great big smile she replied, "You're my cousin, Barb!!" AHA!!! We are, I believe, 3rd cousins through my (step)Mom's side of the family, and we hadn't seen each other in more than 10 years! :) My cousin, Dory, is the pretty lady seated 2nd from the right. Great to have crossed paths with you and your beautiful smile, Dory!


Okay, moving along! ... This happily wedded couple knows how to enjoy life to the fullest! Their wedding was a blast! This celebration brought back many great memories for me of when my friends were getting married (all those years ago! ;) And, we had some tremendous times together celebrating life and one another!! 



Cory and Kristin surprised everyone with a choreographed dance routine, which included songs from the Sugar Hill Gang (Apache), the Bangles (Walk Like an Egyptian), Michael Jackson (Beat It), and Vanilla Ice (Ice, Ice Baby)! Everybody was well impressed with their dance moves and the terrific surprise they gave everyone!! Kudos, Cory & Kristin!! That was the best!


Thank you, Jane, for honoring me by asking me to be your 2nd lens, and partner in capturing this momentous occasion! I am grateful to you, my friend.

A very warm, kind thank you to Cory & Kristin, as well, for allowing Jane to hire a 2nd shooter without meeting me before hand. I am humbled that you put so much faith in my abilities as a photographer, artist, and witness to your sacred event that has made you a family. May your life be rich in love and laughter; poor in neglect and want; and an abundant wealth of family and friends. Cheers!

Wishing you all the best, 
always,
Barb

4 comments:

  1. I feel blessed to have had you as part of our special day! Thank you for your kind words, as our whole intention was to have people leave our wedding with a lasting impression. I hope you along with all of our guests were able to hold on to one special moment of our special day. I know the day was "our" special day but to Cory and myself it was never just about the two of us. Our family, friends, and those who surround us have shaped us into the people we are today. Our wedding day was to bring us together as one, but to also show those who have stood by us through the greatest times and hardest times of our lives and our relationship how much we appreciate them and love them...you are now one of those people! Thank you for sharing our day with us and capturing such wonderful pictures!
    Kristin Ringler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb
    It was my honor to shoot with you.
    This post is a perfect tribute to a perfect day!
    Much love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, this is the most touching link I've ever had on my facebook page : ) I'm glad that you said yes when your friend asked you to help with shooting the Ringler wedding : ) It was great to see you again and it was not hard to spot you since you have not aged a bit : ) xoxoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white shot of the groomsmen, jackets swung over shoulders, and sideways peace sign expressions!! Quite original! Nice to see a picture of our cousin Dora. She snapped a great shot of me, Bren, and Kai at Mom and Dad's last wedding vow renewal ceremony at the VFW. Looks like you're having an amazing time being a photographer! I'm so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete